Saturday, July 12, 2008

And the Streisand goes to....

Is the suspense actually killing you?!?!

Yeah yeah she endorsed Obama.....in other breaking news ice cream endorsed freon.

After years and years of witnessing what they do I never cease to be amazed by what celebrities think of their endorsement of political candidates. We never ask for it, poll after poll tells them we don't care....but they issue press releases which basically amount to them saying "if I wanted your opinion I would give it to you."

Case in point from Babs's (which I'm starting realize, after reading the full endorsement, is short for "Babbles") website/blog is the final line of her endorsement:

I support Barack Obama for President and look forward to November when I can make my voice heard along with millions of other Americans. I hope you’ll join me.


Don't join Barack Obama....join her.

Or rather join Margery Tabankin, who officially is Babbles's political adviser. So Babbles's opinions aren't even her own.

This endorsement is a change from her, I mean Tabankin's, support of the vanquished Hillary Clinton, and amazingly it wasn't too obvious for the uber liberal Democrat to figure out where her support would go to next because it took more than a month for her to figure it out!

The worst part about it all is this must be a huge blow the McCain campaign....how will they shore up the conservative base now?

No comments: