Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It took four years...but now I know that Trey Parker and Matt Stone are big Matt Damon softies

I need to know if she (Sarah Palin) really thinks dinosaurs were here 4000 years ago. That's an important — I want to know that, I really do, because she's going to have the nuclear codes. You know, I want to know if she thinks dinosaurs were here 4000 years ago... we can't, we can't have that.

I always thought the South Park guys were being SO MEAN when the only words that came out of Matt Damon's character in the movie "Team America" was his name in the "accent"....if you will....of a mentally retarded person.

I fully realize that such a statement will totally offend people who are, or know somebody who is, mentally retarded....and they should be offended....I just compared them to Matt Damon.

I apologize.

Now I realize they were trying to make him look smarter than he really is. Its almost as if that movie were a crystal ball, and "Team America" is the mainstream media and Matt Damon is Barack Obama. They were (sniff) protecting him.

Before I get further into why Matt Damon deserved an Oscar for what I now consider to be the performance of a lifetime in "Good Will Hunting." I want to say that it is no shock that he has objections to Republicans....he's liberal, he's an actor, and he's from Massachusetts.

The last time I saw such perfect DNA for a conservative bashing thespian, Ted Kennedy was rehearsing his lines for the "Alibi Monologues" on July 19, 1969. Fortunately for the understudy of the leading lady that role was wide open.

What political issue concerning us today makes "knowing if dinosaurs existed 4000 years ago" so damn important? What aspect of tax policy does creationism affect? What about foreign policy? Or monetary policy? Or even issues that are of concern to Christian conservatives, like abortion, or "under God" in the pledge?

I think I could begin to try to understand if the statement was "I need to know if she has Parkinson's disease because her finger is going to be near the big red button."

But creationism?

I know it sounds like this post is very hostile and uncaring about the plight of the disabled...I want to assure you that I personally am neither. Indeed, I hope our next vice president makes good on her promise to be a champion for special needs children (any guesses on who I'm supporting for president? Believe me, until August 29th it wasn't a forgone conclusion).

A point is trying to be made here, and I'm just saying that based on that interview it appears Matt Damon can't make one unless he's spiking his hair with Ben Stiller's hair gel.

Hey, I'm not the one who coined There's Something About Barry.

No comments: