Thursday, October 9, 2008

De bate was taken for 8 years...and counting

Lately there are things in life that disappoint me supremely:

1. Corporate greed (note, NOT free market capitalism)

2. Republicanism (note, NOT conservatism)

3. My continued insistence to hold out on my stock in Enron (Hello? Can somebody say collectors item?)

4. Leftist prevailing in the court of public opinion because Republicanism has been running around in conservatism's clothing for the last 8 years.

and finally...

5. Banana flavored anything (I swear my stock in Enron is more valuable than a banana Now and Later, which gets its name because I'll throw it in the trash can NOW, and LATER on I can take it out and eat it after the garbage masks its disgusting taste.)

Paradoxically, the one thing that does not disappoint me at all is how much I misoverestimated John McCain's ability to debate the issues. The first debate was supposed to belong to him because it was on foreign policy, this last one was supposed to go to him because it plays to his strength in speaking at a town hall setting.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice McShame on me.

Or to quote a Republican who is only conservative in conserving conservatism...uh, uh.....uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............ya ain't never gonna fool me agin'. he he he

Listening to McCain you would think that George W. Bush is Barack Obama behind a teleprompter.

Last Tuesday's debate revealed one of three things...either it showed that:

1. McCain is totally ignorant on economic issues

2. He is indeed to old and tired to be president

3. His speech and debate coach is Dora the Explorer.

I'll give credit where credit is due, if foreign policy were the absolute only thing a president deals with then we wouldn't even need to hold an election, but John McCain's understanding of what is going on with the economy right now shows not that he is ignorant of the issue...but that he is totally uncoachable in articulating it.....thus he is incapable of actually understanding it.

He narrowed it down to "stabilizing house prices." Therefore we have to buy up ALL the bad mortgages in America and "renegotiate" them. How on God's greenish brown (and decreasingly snowcapped) Earth does THAT address the fiscal AND economic crisis we face?

At this point I'm sure people are wondering why I bill myself as a conservative and yet all this blog has done is bash a sitting Republican president, and the current Republican nominee for president.

I do it precisely for what they actually are in the conservative movement...Republicant's.

I am NOT a good little solider like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh....singing the praises of a man whose politics I have publicly detested since ALWAYS solely because he doesn't carry a "D" at the end of Democratic Party Press Releases....aka the Associated Press reports....does NOTHING to advance the cause of conservatism.

I don't know what's harder to swallow:

1. That one letter is going to separate the name of our next president and our country's mortal enemy. (and that ZERO letter separate his middle name with that of its OTHER mortal enemy)

2. That the obviously superior philosophy of conservatism has utterly failed to come across as such for the last 8 years.

3. A banana flavored Now and Later

Hint: This won't at all give it away but.....One of these I'm being deathly serious about, and it comes in yellow wrapping....and its a RINO (ReallyGrossCandyAssBananaRepublicans In Name Only).

No comments: