Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bad Things Come In Threes

1. 90 year old Senator Robert Byrd (D–WV) has been hospitalized reporting feelings of lethargy and sluggishness. After a battery of tests doctors determined that he has been afflicted with “old southerner.”

2. Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal (R-One guess on the state) is apparently on John McCain’s shortlist for his vice presidential running mate (if this was a respectable news blog I would say “allegedly, but “respect” was the word I got wrong in my 4th grade spelling bee, but I digress). Having been a congressman for 3 years and governor for just under 5 months he totally meets the Republican threshold for experience necessary to take the second highest elected office in the land. A few more months and he’ll be as qualified as George W. Bush to be president. On that note...to be fair, he currently is more qualified than Barack Obama

Democrats don’t usually do what the Republicans have been doing lately: picking candidates with short careers and a shorter list of accomplishments. They usually pick candidates with long careers and virtually no accomplishments.

I understand McCain’s thinking, locking in the monolithic Hindu-American vote with Jindal will help offset the black vote going to Obama.

With age comes wisdom ;-D

3. Apparently the media has been hiding the fact that Barack Obama is not just a smoker…but a chain smoker! I think what we should really worry about is whether or not he sends chain emails (I swear if I get one more email asking me to simultaneously scroll down and make wishes so that I may find true love I’m moving to Canada)

That he smokes doesn't bother me, knowing the magic that maintains the baritone in his voice does. I thought the Democrats finally had a guy that sounded like…well…a guy…..naturally. Sigh, I’ve lost all hope.

Hey! Bill Clinton should have been a smoker! It would have blunted how he sounds like a boy with a larynx busted in a helium sucking accident.

No comments: